Dependents of Permanent Residents


Dependents of Resident (Long Term) entry permits must be included in the initial application. 

Dependent means the spouse and children (under 18 years of age) of the applicant. 

A dependent of the holder of a Resident (Long Term) Entry Permit may be granted a dependent entry permit only for the purpose of residing in Papua New Guinea with the substantive Resident (Long Term) Entry Permit holder.  

Employment for dependents is prohibited. Permanant Resident (spouse) may work in a family run business.

A spouse must be over 18 years of age and cannot be of the same sex as the applicant. 

A child born to a permanent resident holder automatically qualifies for PNG permanent residence as a dependent.  An evidencing fee of K255 applies for evidencing the visa in the child’s passport.