This category comprises the following classes:
- Chief Executive Officers of large companies with a work force of 250 employees and an annual turnover of K10 million or more. Only companies that have been operating in Papua New Guinea for more than five years are to be considered. As evidenced by certified documentation.
- A person who is the majority owner of a business investment in a registered resident business for at least five years with net assets and turnover exceeding K2 million and/or any property investment with a net investment in PNG of at least K10 million. As evidenced by certified documentation.
- A person who is a skilled professional who is a medical doctor, specialist or educationist, as evidenced by tertiary level education qualifications and at least five years work in that professional field in PNG. This category is subject to annual review.
- Missionaries and religious workers who have worked in Papua New Guinea for at least five years and have access to income of not less than K25,000 per year or who have a written guarantee of financial support from a registered religious organisation or church.
- A retired person over 55 years of age who can demonstrate an income of at least K50,000 per annum and has worked in PNG for at least five years. As evidenced by certified documentation.
- The “legally married spouse” of a PNG citizen where the relationship has been in place for at least five years. Documentary evidence must be provided; and
- The child aged more than 19 years of a PNG citizen (in the case where the child does not have PNG citizenship) where that individual is working in a voluntary capacity at a community or social level. As evidenced by certified documentation.