Explore Visa Option

Dependent of Papua New Guinea Citizen (Non-working) Visa

About This Visa

Individuals are required to apply for this visa if they are a dependent of a Papua New Guinea citizen and want to live temporarily in Papua New Guinea.Holders of this visa are not permitted to engage in paid employment.

Criteria that must be met

To be eligible for a Dependent of Papua New Guinea Citizen (Non-working), you must be the spouse or dependant of a Papua New Guinea citizen. In some circumstances you may be required to provide a financial bond to ICA.

In addition, depending on your circumstances, you may be asked to provide ICA with evidence to support your application.


Validity Of Visa

Validity of a Dependent of Papua New Guinea Citizen (Non-working) visa is subject to the individual circumstances of the applicant.

In most circumstances, you can expect to be issued a Dependent of Papua New Guinea Citizen (Non-working) visa, which permits multiple entries for a period of five (5) years from the date of arrival.

For further information regarding the validity of Dependent of Papua New Guinea Citizen (Non-working) visas, please contact ICA


How to apply

Dependent of Papua New Guinea Citizen (Non-working) visa applicants should submit their application using the paper form available to download at the bottom of this page.


Extension of stay

Depending on the type of visa you have been issued, you may be eligible to extend your stay in Papua New Guinea without leaving the country.

The eligibility requirements for a visa extension will vary depending on your personal circumstances, which include the purpose and the period of time you have already spent in Papua New Guinea, and length of the extension sought.

For further information regarding visa extensions, please contact ICA.


Change of circumstances

If your circumstances change at any time during the visa application process or after your visa is issued, you must inform ICA. A change in circumstances may affect your ongoing eligibility for the visa issued.

If your circumstances have changed, please notify ICA immediately.

A change in circumstances may result in you having to pay a Migration Service Fee. Migration Service Fees are listed here.



To obtain further information regarding the fees associated with lodging an application for a visa, extension or updating your details please refer to the Migration Services Fee Schedule, which can be found here.

If you have any questions about the Migration Services Fees, please contact ICA.